Friday, May 23, 2008

lavendar leaf

I know I haven't been blogging too regularly and I apologize. I have been creating though! Lots of organza pieces and working on some kids art for a Quilting Arts feature (I hope!)

+++++++++

Night Sky Tickets Now On Sale

619-342-7395 Mo'olelo Performing Arts Company

Tickets are now available for Mo`olelo's next production, Night Sky by Susan Yankowitz, as Resident Theatre Company at La Jolla Playhouse. The play will run from August 27 – September 21, 2008.

Night Sky is the story of Anna, a brilliant astronomer. When a car accident renders her aphasic, her speech becomes a hodgepodge of disconnected words alternately poetic, funny, confusing and profound. She and her family must fight through the black holes of her mind and journey from her night sky into an unfamiliar world and a new language. A moving story about the resiliency of the human spirit and the universal need to find words to communicate our deepest thoughts and feelings.

Night Sky is produced in partnership with the San Diego Brain Injury Foundation
Order your tickets or 619-342-7395.

My husb and I are very supportive of this upcoming play in San Diego. The central character has aphasia, as does my husband, and he's working with the Artistic Director and star of the play to help portray his disability truthfully. The company will also being doing free performances & discussions with high school kids and brain injury survivors and their families. I hope you'll attend the play! Husb and I will be there opening night September 5.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails