Sunday, October 10, 2010

Inspired to Quilt

I've long admired Melanie Testa's work, both in her journals and in her cloth work (and as a friend!) In this book, she shares her inspiration, insight, process, and step by step photos of her gorgeous work. As I read through the book, I'm immediately inspired to try one of her techniques, in my own way with my own spin. Melanie is known for her layered complex compositions and as an experienced artist myself, this book encourages me to experiment, and play using her work as a stepping stone to improve my own work.

Inspired to Quilt is full of gorgeous images and both big and tiny ideas to inspire.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Melanie's work is lovely, and so very small!!! Quite inspiring to us all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane. My work may be small, but hopefully has BIG impact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Melly's work and especially enjoy her book. I hope others are able to discover her work as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails