Thursday, September 08, 2011

Memories of the Silk Road

memories of the silk road

memories of the silk road

memories of the silk road

memories of the silk road
Memories of the Silk Road, made by yours truly in 2005. measures 18.5x15" is it's currently in my JaneVille Etsy shop. This is one of the first quilts I made and still one of my faves. It's made from old prayer flags (the Tibetan kind) and bits of silk and all hand stitched. I don't think I owned a sewing machine at the time.
memories of the silk road

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Jane - there is just something so pure about hand stitching. Of course, being a quilter of the 21st century, I started with a machine and am only recently getting back into hand work, which I haven't done since childhood. Thanks for all your beautiful work and inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Jane. Glad to see the work reserved too! I love the piece you made that hangs in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane this piece is glorious. What an auspicious first quilt to have made. The colors and textures are stunning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is SO awesome! I can't believe it was your first. It is truly beautiful and inspiring. Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! A stitched story.
    MF

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sure was a good way to start! I liked your Green Button bloom and Geraniums also.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one (my favorite colors) and can see why you love it Reminds me of my travels to Hong Kong and all the beautiful silk shops. May I ask, what are those little gold colored charms? They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks everyone.
    Sharon, they're tiny little bells. I have no clue where I got them.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glorious!!! What wonderful color!!! I would not sell it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Incredible work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails