Friday, September 28, 2012

Paris connections

Paris
In Paris, France holding Danny Gregory's new book.
While husb and I were in Paris, we happened upon Shakespeare and Company bookstore. I got goosebumps feeling like I'd come upon someplace I knew so well, but had never seen. I'd ready Cynthia Morris' delightful book "Chasing Sylvia Beach"  which featured prominently, Sylvia Beach, the original founder of Shakespeare & Company, over 100 years ago, and so much of the book was set in the bookstore. Like Cynthia's wonderful main character,Lily, I felt like I'd been transported back in time! It was a totally cool. The bookstore swells with personality and good vibes.
So, while I was busy taking it all in, my husb happened upon one book in the store (and it's a very crowded with books kinda store), and it was Danny Gregory's brand new, as yet released in the United States, A Kiss Before You Go."   Woohoo! Like meeting another good friend in Paris! 

Go on, order both books. They are very different from each other.

A Kiss Before You Go is filled with Danny's wonderful artwork and unflinching honesty about the loss of his dear wife Patti, after 24 years together.

Chasing Sylvia Beach is a great summer-type read, a real page turner that transports you to Paris of 1937.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be looking into these books-thanks Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning me and my novel! I am so glad you had some fun, bookish discoveries in Paris!

    We will be there together someday, I am sure!

    You're an inspiration to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails