Monday, January 27, 2014

from sketchbook to stencil to art quilt

Eucalyptus Bloom ~ Detail

Eucalyptus Bloom
  Eucalyptus Blooms (27.5 x 13 inches) by Jane LaFazio

Eucalyptus Bloom ~ Detail
I completed this art quilt, Eucalyptus Blooms. I showed you the progress of the piece in this blog post

Eucalyptus Bloom ~ Detail
The quilt was inspired by this page from my sketchbook:
eucalyptus and pods
#onmywalktoday
Jane LaFazio on instagram 
...and my love of the eucalyptus that I see on my neighborhood walks.
#mymorningwalk
Jane LaFazio on instagram 
Eucalyptus Bloom ~ Detail

Eucalyptus Bloom ~ Detail

eucalyptus blooms
Eucalyptus Blooms Stencil designed my Jane LaFazio
I've designed 7 stencils for StencilGirl Products and you can find them here.

You can take a look at all my sketchbook pages here and all my art quilts here.
(That's a lot to look at! I'd suggest packing a lunch :-)


13 comments:

  1. Love this! From the first close up I was expecting it to be an underwater scene with either a pink legged octopus or a jelly fish though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane this is beautiful! I'm excited to be featuring this stencil over on StencilGirl Talk on February 13th. It's a beautiful stencil design! Have a great week Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Love everything about this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, your work is beautiful. I love how you shared your seed idea (writer's workshop verbiage---but fits perfectly here!) and showed the many variations your vision took you. Keep on walking and sketching and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the different textures, and I clearly see that some of the stitches were very tiny perfect hand-stitching! Of course, only Jane. Love the spray of pink coming out...not sure how you did that...did you "couch" something in your pink colors? Great great great job, dear Jane. Just lovely. I know exactly how you must feel, looking at it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combination of loose, spontaneous and artfully studied drawings and the spilled looking pink. Just love drawing and fabric. Just fantastic Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Love those bits of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza. This is fantastic, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza. This is fantastic, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beyond blown away! Seeing it drawn then stitched...fab--u-lusss! Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea that eucalyptus had such beautiful flowers! I've only seen (and smelled) the lovely leaves. I love what you did with your sketches. You are always so full of wonderful creativity Jane! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails