Monday, April 14, 2014

Prayer Flags

 1 prayer flag
I'm thrilled to be participating in the Prayer Flag Blog Hop. As you know, I love prayer flags and have made a number of them (see them here)
2 prayer flags
Here's what I created from the Prayer Flag Value pack, which included the ready made linen banners and the ebook
purchase a copy of the Prayer Flag e-book!

3 prayer flags 
First I got out my trusty Gelli printing plates and rubber bands, to add a bit of color and texture to the linen flags
6 prayer flags   5 prayer flags
and grabbed some fabric that I had printed before using the same technique.
7 prayer flags
I cut out circles from the printed fabric and fused them to the printed flags.
9 prayer flags8 prayer flags

10 prayer flags
Then, I cut out the images from my fabric yardage, with my designs (that you can purchase) and fused those to the flags.
11 prayer flags

12 prayer flags
I wanted to build up a layered background on the flags.
13 prayer flags
14 prayer flags
Lastly, I stamped some meaningful words and phrases on the flags.
15 prayer flags
I plan on finishing my prayer flags with a little bit of hand stitching when I have time.
16 prayer flags
And please do visit The Prayer Flag Project blog, to upload your own prayer flags, or just be inspired and uplifted by others.



11 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Jane! I love the layering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect timing. My art group is doing prayer flags next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have become OBSESSED with prayer flags lately and will be making my first set this week. Yours are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flags they are beautiful and look perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the add-on flowers. -- soparkaveataoldotcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous; I love Prayer Flags. They are a great way to develop creative expression.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you made this flag. Looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea, to make prayer flags. Inspires one to put additional thought into the creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails