Monday, May 11, 2015

On the Danube~ from my sketchbook ~ Budapest

from my sketchbook ~budapest sites
"Budapest Sites" from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
In my Sketching and Watercolor classes, I teach my students how to capture what they see, quickly, in their sketchbooks. Below is my page in progress. I drew most of the images while on a short site-seeing cruise on the Danube. As you can see, I made plenty of notes so I could finish my page later that day.

(The color swatches, above, are the colors of the buildings in Budapest.)
from my sketchbook in progress
"Budapest Sites"  in progress  ~ by Jane LaFazio

Budapest View
The view that I was painting ~ the Palace Museum in Budapest. photo by Jane LaFazio
Above is the view across the Danube from our hotel. And below, is me and my wonderful students as I show them how to capture buildings, quickly, in their sketchbooks. 
River cruise gang in Budapest
Demoing in Budapest with my students. 
Below is the page I did during my demo. (Well, I did the cappuccino later that day.) Can you recognize the green dome in both my sketchbook pages. 
from my sketchbook ~ama dolce
"AmaDolce" from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio
More photos to come, from the River Cruise on the Danube.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Beautiful work, I love the way you use color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails